To a man I never named —
- I didn’t dress up on the first night we met. I had no expectations, no hopes. You surprised me into having a good time, but unfortunately, like a Chocolate Frog, you were only good for that one time.
- You were the first, and so far, only person to tell me to stay in America. Were you only being selfish? Or could you not understand my desire to leave?
- Despite the good time, never once could I write you poetry. I could tell you joke, but those aren’t the same, are they?
- Even now, thinking back, I still can’t think of a name for you. You are not HCG; UK, my Captain; or Galway.
- These things happen. I can’t explain it.
Piece in Connection: Catastrophe